Things to Remember When Looking for a Ride
- Try to call at least 2 days in advance to schedule a trip.
- You will be asked to pay a small fee when riding This fee may vary depending upon your destination.
- If you are wanting to go to a Veterans Hospital, schedule the trip with the ride provider as far ahead as possible. In some cases you may be asked to reschedule your appointment in order to have public transportation to provide services.
- If you need Medicaid Transportation Services, these are not the numbers to assist you.
Veterans Transportation Services
- For transportation services and assistance, if you live in the counties: Archer, Baylor, Cottle, Foard Hademan, Jack, Wichita, Wilbarger, or Young. Includes transportation to Hospitals and Clinics. Services Monday - Friday. Call 2 days in advance:
- For non-Medical transportation in Clay or Montague counties, including trips to hospitals and clinics. Service is provided Monday-Friday. Call at least 2 business days in advance to schedule:
TAPS Public Transit
Get-a-ride Service 1-800-256-0911
- If you live in the City of Wichita Falls and your destination is not outside the City limits:
- If you need a ride to the Veterans Hospital in Oklahoma City, Rides are provided by the Disabled America Veterans:
Last updated August 3, 2015